Senior Project Manager – Mahaney Roofing
Job Description – Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Managers at Mahaney Group are responsible for the success of interpreting construction plans, bid coordination, budgets, estimates, scheduling, and all other activities of their assigned job. Excellent communication with superintendents and foremen is necessary to ensure the job will be successful with deadlines, company goals, and client satisfaction. Senior Project Managers at Mahaney have an excellent combination of technical and emotional intelligence and serve as the trusted point of contact for their clients. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Mahaney Roofing.
- Protector and catalyst of the Mahaney Purpose, Promise, Values, and Pillars.
- Excellent steward of the trust, time, and resources of our clients and project stakeholders.
- Responsible for project safety, work schedule, and job site inspections.
- Review and prepare proposed project bids. Obtain material estimates and calculate labor estimates to develop complete quotes.
- Establish project objectives, policies, safety procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with project stakeholders, Superintendents and Foremen to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Work with Superintendents and Foremen to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with their projects.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with VP of Roofing to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Work with subcontractors on all phases of projects including scheduling, change orders and submittals.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Monitor reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs, labor, and scheduling.
- Work with Senior Leadership on bid and proposal review.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the commercial roofing industry
- Understanding of BUR systems, materials, and their applications, single ply roofing systems, building construction, field installation of metal work and other business lines.
- Prior project management and quality assurance experience required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read specifications and plans
- Ability to handle a variety of duties with minimal supervision
- Be able to read/write English
- Intermediate computer skills
- Valid driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 70 pounds. Standard physical, agility test, and drug test must be passed to obtain this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time exempt position. Normal business hours will vary depending on the season. Some weekends and travel will be required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is commensurate with position, education, and experience
- Discretionary bonus compensation
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Industry leading health, dental and life insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Company phone, truck, and computer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mahaney Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Please send resumes to [email protected] if interested in applying.