The crane operator is responsible for operating the company cranes within certifications permissions. Mahaney uses a National 2019 NTB 33 Ton Boom Truck, National 2019 NTB 45 Ton Boom Truck, and Terex 80 Ton RT Crane. Each boom truck and crane are regularly inspected and maintained for high performance and safety standards.
- Ability to lift, move, position, and reposition loads or materials
- Ability to setup, breakdown, and reposition crane multiple times a day
- Ability to communicate with crews within multiple divisions
- Operates other equipment such as forklifts, boom lifts, and scissor lifts
- Maintains the cleanliness of the crane
- Assists with material deliveries
- Receives accurate rigging direction via verbal or hand signals
- Assists in performing routine maintenance
- Completes pre- and post-trip inspections
- Exceptional attendance
- Safe work practices
- Maintains a valid NCCCO
- Valid driver’s license – Class A CDL
- Ability to safely operate the crane within certification
- Wears PPE safety equipment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 70 pounds. Must be able to operate crane controls including depressing buttons and foot pedals. Standard physical and agility test must be passed to obtain this position.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Normal business hours will vary depending on the season. Some weekends and travel may be required.
- This position will report for work 30 minutes prior to normal roofing start time. Start time will be determined based on season and schedule.
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly rate is commensurate with position and experience
- 401K Retirement plan
- Industry leading health, dental, and life insurance after 60 days
- Company phone
- 40 Hours of Paid Time Off after 90 days. 80 hours of Paid Time Off after 1 year
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mahaney Roofing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws